Winegard SA-1001 RV TV Antenna Elevating Shaft and Worm Gear Assembly SA1001 Replacement for Sensar Mobile DBS DSS Satellite Dish / HDTV Aerial
Please Note: If replacing round shaft assembly, make sure all parts below pinned worm gear are removed from rotating gear housing. These include bearing, quad ring, 1 or 2 washers and sleeve bearing. (Sleeve bearing not found on hexagon shaft assembly.)
Replacement Procedures for Elevating Shaft & Worm Gear Assembly:
- Lower antenna to travel position and refer to drawing to identify parts indicated in steps below.
- Loosen set screw on elevating crank and remove crank, spring, directional handle.
- Go to roof of vehicle and remove retaining ring from pin holding top elevator tube in rotating gear housing and remove pin.
- Remove bearing plug from top of rotating gear housing, disengage elevating gear and remove elevating gear shaft assembly.
- If replacing old round shaft with new hexagon style, cut new hexagon shaft 1/4" LONGER than the old shaft. Discard old bearing plug item. If replacing a hexagon shaft with a hexagon shaft, cut shaft same length as original.
- Lubricate worm gear on new elevating shaft assembly with spray silicone lubricant. Make sure quad ring, washer and wave washer are on lower bearing and insert assembly in housing.
- Install new plastic bearing plug in top of housing, reengage elevating gear in worm gear, replace pin and retaining ring
- Replace directional handle, spring and elevating crank. Make sure set screw contacts flat on shaft before tightening. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!!
Please Note: If replacing old style directional handle (DH-100), with a new directional handle, it will be necessary to rotate ceiling plate 90 degrees, so pointers on directional handle and ceiling plate line up.
Replacement Procedures for Directional Handle / Gear Housing Assembly:
- Remove existing ceiling plate.
- Lay ceiling plate on top of directional handle with pointers aligned and slide assembly over rotating gear housing drive shaft in ceiling.
- Remount ceiling plate with directional handle in place existing holes.
- Apply new decal supplied.
- Reassemble elevating crank.
Retail Price: $94.95